
Coop has had a hard week. Tuesday he woke up with pains in his belly but he had no fever. He said he was okay to go to school. So I let him. When he got home that afternoon he laid on the couch crying in pain. He said it hurt to walk and now it hurts all the time. I called the doctor and we got right in. He sent us straight to the ER. Josh was already working at the hospital that day and so everything was waiting for Cooper when we got there. All the test came back that Coop was having a appendicitis and so he was scheduled for surgery. The IV was so dramatic for him. It took 6 people to hold him down and so I didn't tell him what was going to happen to him in surgery. I just said they were going to make his belly feel better. Porter came to help Josh give Coop a blessing and it was one of the most beautiful blessing i have ever heard. They let me go with Coop into surgery to watch him go under. He did awesome. He was a little nervous but he was so tough. He was only under for a hour. When he woke up he wanted me to hold him and they let me. He kept on saying the hospital wanted to kill him and that he was exploding. He was so funny but it made me cry to watch him in so much pain. I don't like seeing my boys in pain. That night he slept a lot but the morning was hard. He didn't want to move but with a little bribe he was up and walking. He is doing so good. Josh said when he got his appendix out at 16 he didn't hardly move for a week it hurt so bad. Coop will only lay in bed if I will hold him and of course its my favorite thing to do. I love that little guy so much.

7 comments:
Oohhhh, poor little guy!! How horrible for BOTH of you! I hope his recovery is fast. I had a c-section with Mason and I'm guessing the pain is similar. It does NOT feel good!! I'll pray for him. Glad everything went well.
Poor Coop dog. He sounds like he did great with it all. LOL to "the hospital's try to kill me" I love that kid, he's always saying the funniest stuff.
I hate it when people you love are in pain and there's nothing you can do to stop it! I hope Cooper gets better soon!
What a bummer! So sad, but I am laughing that he said the hospital is trying to kill him. Little does he know... it's kind of the opposite!
How scary!! I'm glad to hear that he is recovering well! It's always so terrifying when our kids are hurt!!
poor little coop!! thats so sad! I hate seeing kids in pain like that! I hope he is feeling better! and glad surgery went well!
Not fun! He is a very tough boy! I hope he is feeling better and will get back to his usual self soon.
Post a Comment