Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Brewer's story

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were schedule to have a induction at 3 am Saturday morning. My blood pressure went up really high and i could hardly keep food down so the doctor thought we better get Brewer out. I was so nervous, scared, excited that i couldn't sleep at all and neither could Josh. My parents watched Cooper for us and he was so excited to have a sleep over with his Uncle Gunner.

It was 2 am and we were on are way to the hospital. I tested positive for B strep so i had to be put on antibiotics right away. Yes, i think i had everything you could think of with this pregnancy. I was already having some contractions and was dilated to 4 when they started the pit and then i decided to have a epidural so i could enjoy Brewers delivery. Pain free. I got the epideral and then my doctor broke my water. Around 3 pm my epidural machine started beeping like crazy and then i could feel some pain mostly pressure. They couldn't figure it out but it wasn't working. The nurse checked me and i was at a 6 only five minutes later i started feeling tons of pressure and wanted to push so the nurse came back in and i was at a 10. It was time! We were having a baby! I looked up at Josh and he looked at me with tears in his eyes i knew exactly what he was thinking. Well i pushed and it HURT! HURT BAD but it was all worth it when I heard my baby's cry. They put Brewer on my belly and he was beautiful! It was amazing!

Brewer has been such a good baby. All he does is eat and sleep. He loves to cuddle. We still are trying to figure out who he looks like. I see a little of Cooper but not much. He has the Caldwell round face that's for sure. We just think he's adorable.

Cooper asked us last night if he was dreaming? Was he really a brother and was Brewer really here? I think that's how we all feel but dreams do come true and in our case it did!

10 comments:

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

yay! I am so glad things went so well. We are so happy for all of you. He really is a precious little guy!

Bekah: said...

I am just so happy he came safely. His cheeks are so cute. His little face is adorable. Congratulations to all of you. Proud Papa: Josh Sweet Momma: Marti and cute big brother: Coop! We love you all.

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

he is a cutie pie, his skin is b e u t i f u l ... congrats marty and family... cant wait to see him

The Giffords said...

We are so glad he came safely and that there were no major complications. He is so cute. I can't stop looking at him. I am so glad that he is such a good baby.

We sent a card, but it got sent back. I sent it to a PO Box so I guess I need your address.

Hallie said...

Congratulations Marti! I'm so happy he is finally here! He is adorable and I think it is so cute that his big brother is so excited about him! :)

Jennifer said...

Marti, he is SOO cute!! I just want to hold him. I'm sorry it didn't go smoothly =(. I'm so glad you have another little one though =)

Woodside's said...

I am so happy for you guys! He is so precious and perfect! I am so glad that things went well for you!

Sarah Pace said...

I know your pain with no epideral. Mine wore out 3 times because it was so long!! poor you! but he's well worth it! I'm so happy for you!

Amy said...

Marti, he's sooo cute! I love the cheeks!

court said...

he is so cute! i can't wait to meet him! i am glad you are doing good! and he is doing good! oh have fun and enjoy!