Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm a school girl again


Josh captured a pic of me studying. Yes I'm studying. I went back to school. I dropped out of college when Josh and i got married. I know i should of never stopped and I'm mad at myself for doing it. So this semester i went back to school. Mostly i just needed electives and so I'm taking 3 history classes. Josh loves history and wants to be a history teacher someday when he retires from nursing is what he's planning. So he's helping me and its been fun taking some classes together. I'm also taking a writing class, which i had to have or i wouldn't of taken it. Since as you can tell my writing skills are horrible but i think I'm learning something. Its been quite a challenge juggling my cleaning job, babysitting, keeping the house up and of course Cooper time but its working. I already feel smarter going back. Haha! I really don't know what i want to go into but i just think its important to have a degree in case something happen to Josh and i had to support us. Wish me luck i have 3 test this week.

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! I'm proud of you Marti! That's awesome! I love history too. I'm actually taking Anthon's online history class for him since I like it so much :o). I hope you don't get too stressed trying to do all that stuff at once! Good luck and I hope you do good on your tests!

J said...

Oh man Marti! That sounds like a tough load! But, way to go!! That is so awesome! Good luck on all your tests and with everything!

Summer said...

Wow Marti, good for you. I love history classes and took them for all my electives too. I know from experience how hard it is to balance school, family, and work, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for others who do it. Let me know if you ever need someone to entertain Cooper while you study (three test in one week--yikes!) because I have a knight at my house who would love to run around after a real live dinosaur.

Bekah: said...

Marti, I am so proud of you! I think it is incredible that you are doing all you can during your current place in life and becoming a better person. You are a great example. Good luck!

mad white woman said...

Good for you Marti. That is really exciting. I have so much going on, but when I think of people that are doing what I do and then have school on top of that, my mind stops trying to conceive how incredibly difficult that would be to juggle. AND you aren't a boring mom, you're always doing FUN activities.

Ugh, History and English are two of my WORST subjects. For some reason my mind isn't able to easily organize History.

PS You have such vivid eyes.

Lacey said...

Good for you Marti! I want to go back too once the girls are older and in school. I would love to go to culniary school or go into photography. The sky's the limit!

Sarah Pace said...

Good for you Marti!!! I have been saying I am going to finish for like the last 3 years and havn't!Good luck!!
Oh are you still moving here???

Cara said...

Good for you and good luck. I really should do something like this too but I just find myself being so lazy. :)

Krista said...

Good job Marti! I have been dying to go back! Its just so hard, but you encouraged me to look into it more! Good luck with your tests, and HAVE FUN!

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

Marti you have the most pretty eyes i have ever seen !!!!!
and i'm glad your going back to school !

Ceri said...

Good Luck with everything! You sound WAY too busy! I am proud of you!! You know they say, once you get busy beyond busy and start doing something for yourself... that's when a baby comes to change up everything! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

KARI said...

I think that your writing skills are great!! That is awesome that you are doing that! Good Luck with your tests:)