Monday, September 8, 2008

Oreo suckers

Tonight we had FHE with my parents and Gunner. Josh is working tonight (oh how we missed you) so it's nice to have people around. We made Oreo suckers, which i got the recipe from sugardoodle.net, i love that site tons of family and church ideas. We also made signs for Gunner, he's running for president in the elementary school. To bad i didn't get any pictures of Gunner with his signs but one said, "if you want school to be funner vote for gunner!" Yes we know that funner isn't a word but we had a hard time trying to rhyme Gunners name with anything. If any one has a good idea send it my way.



Oreo suckers were a hit! I think my dad ate most of them!

12 comments:

The Giffords said...

ooo, Sounds good. I am going to have to get that recipe and try those out. I didn't know sugardoodle.net had family ideas too. I am going to have to take a little trip over there...

Jennifer said...

Wow, those look really good! I have only been to that website for sharing time stuff. I will have to look a little more.

Sarah Pace said...

WHAT A CUTE IDEA. i'M GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE THOSE WITH MY KIDS, THEY WOULD LOVE THAT!

Jason and Kristy said...

Those look absolutely delicious!! I'm so glad you guys got to spend some time together over the weekend. Josh always seems to be super busy with something. I'm glad you have a lot to smile about. I'm gonna have to try smiling more so my butt can get a good workout!

KARI said...

Yummy! Those look delicious. I will have to try those. I love looking at your blog...it always cheers me up:)

Misti and Stratton said...

OH man those look good you should send one my way haha looks like lots of fun!!

mad white woman said...

Those look lovely! That sign is funny... even funnier that funner isn't a word.

Krista said...

Yum Marti! I think I might have to try that recipe out! Jeff is a sucker for oreo's and even better that I can make sucker oreo's! I love your poster for Gunner, I wish I could help you out on a poster idea.. but I LIKE FUNNER! Gunner is Funner than most kids too! So it works for me!

Summer said...

I could go for an Oreo sucker right now! They look yummy. I'm glad you had a nice evening with your family!

Kacie said...

They look delicious where did you get the melting chocolate!?

Curtis Family said...

You have the cutest blog! Those oreo suckers look so dang good! Fun idea! Definitely let me know if you ever come down here, I would love to see you! It has been so long! Are you guys still planning on moving down in January?

DeWitts said...

Kacie! I just used chocolate chips and melted them with a pan of boiling water then i put a bowl over that with the chips in to melt then i added some milk to the chocolate to thin it out a bit. In the recipe it said to use melting chocolate but i couldn't find it anywhere. But then again we only have very few shopping places here for us. I even asked my hubby's grandma if shes heard of melting chocolate because she's amazing in the kitchen but she's never heard of it. The recipe is in sugardoole.net just look up oreo suckers and it should come up.