Tuesday, September 30, 2008












I get this question everyday, isn't it time for a second child? When Cooper was one or even two it didn't bother me, i would just blow it off and say maybe later. Now that Cooper is almost four this question brings tears to my eyes. Josh and I have been trying to have another child for long time. We've had a hard struggle and many ups and downs. We had a miscarriage before Cooper and have had many after Cooper. Cooper was a miracle we have decided and so have the doctors. When we found out we were going to have Cooper we were excited and scared. Scared to loose him. From the start we were told he might not make it to go home and prepare for a miscarriage. I can honestly say i didn't enjoy being pregnant i feel bad to say that but i hear how other mothers talk about how they love being pregnant and i don't have those feelings. I was put on bed rest and told to take it easy and i was always going to the doctor for extra check ups. Cooper was strong and was meant to be here.

When i first held Cooper and really got to look at him, i fell in love. I never fell so hard for someone so fast. Cooper had me and if you could see the way Josh was looking at him glowing you could tell he had his dad too. We love our little boy and are so grateful that he is healthy and has no problems. We were parents! It was a great feeling to be called mom and dad. Cooper has blessed our life.

We would love to have another child and have been working on this for a long time. Nothing seems to be working. Its exhausting to go to doctor appointments every week having blood work and test and drugs being thrown at you. I'm sick of it, but know its what i have to do to have another child and it will be worth it. Its hard mentally and physically and when its time to pee on a stick and the results are negative it heart breaking. I get real negative and start saying and blaming thing that i know I'm going to have to ask for forgiveness later. Each day is hard and each month that passes is even harder.

Cooper is going to be four in a month and it makes me sad because my baby is getting bigger. Cooper has always looked big for his age and if you ask him how old he is he will say he's six. He loves the number six and some people really believe him. Its funny. I love Cooper and love being his mom. I love watching Josh and Coop play together they can laugh for hours. Josh is a great father. We would love to be parents again and we have been looking into adoption for quite a long time. We've been praying for a child and have a good feeling about adopting but also have a good feeling we will have another child. I think the lord is trying to teach us patience but if things don't work out Josh and I are both grateful and blessed for being parents to the most adorable little boy we named Cooper.

Today a young lady that should rename nameless came to me about advice on trying to get pregnant. She too has had a hard time and was wondering how i handle things. I usually write in my journal about my feelings but thought today i would post them because maybe my story might help someone else.

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

I had no idea that you guys have struggled so much. I'm really sorry. I'm really glad you at least have Cooper and I hope it makes it just a little bit easier. I hope things work out for you soon :o)

Justin & Carli said...

Marti-Thank you for the post as it truly touched me. Justin and I struggled to bring our little Emery into this world as well. We do not know what is in our future either, but are so grateful everyday for the blessing she is in our lives and truly know our Heavenly Father is aware of us and our needs. It really is such a blessing to be a parent, one I think many people take for granted.

Jason and Kristy said...

I can't say I know what you're going through from experience. But my sister has been trying for years now to have a baby and even did fertility. Nothing has worked so far but we are all keeping our fingers crossed. I know a lot of women who are currently struggling with not being able to have a baby. I guess the lord know's why but obvoiusly he knows something we don't. You guys are such amazing parents. I hope and pray you both have your prayers answered. We love you guys.

Krista said...

Oh Marti,
I am so sorry. But you are so strong, and such a good mom to Cooper! I know the Lord doesn't give us anything we can't handle.. in my eyes you are one of the strongest people I know! I will keep you in my prayers!

I was just laughing it up at Coopers comment that ghosts have balls.. hehe.. If anything that boy will always keep you smiling :)

Summer said...

I enjoy reading your posts so much because you're such a sweet mom and it's clear that you don't take Cooper for granted. In that way, I think struggles like yours can be a blessing in disguise (I hope that's okay to say); as someone who initially became a mother by accident, it's taken me more than a few years to get into a mindset where I truly appreciate the opportunity of being a mother--something it seems like you've had figured out all along. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am with your mothering. Cooper is lucky to have you, and even though it's hard for you to wait for baby #2, I really believe that that baby, when he or she comes, will be blessed because of the perspective you've gained from your trials. Thanks for sharing.

emily said...

found you on another blog. i've recently started opening up more about our infertility on my blog too. feels good, doesn't it? glad to find you, i'll keep reading and keeping you in my thoughts :)

mad white woman said...

That is brave of you to share your feelings. I know so many people that struggle so I am sure your thoughts will be appreciated. I've always thought one of the biggest ironies of life is how there are so many unwanted pregnancies and so many wonderful mothers that aren't able to bear children at all or easily. Reading about these situations inspires me to be a better mom. :)

The Giffords said...

I did not know that you guys have had so many struggles. I think that people should butt out of other people's personal affairs. I told people that Mike was going to have our next baby and so whenever that happened we would have another. I think that Cooper is so adorable and We are so glad that you had him. I hope that you guys are able to find joy in your situation just how it is, just like we should all be finding joy in our situations. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. You will be in our prayers.

The Crisps said...

I love reading you blog, I am always SO amazed, I can tell what a wonderful, fun, loving Mom you are! I bet your struggles have made you become such, because you will never take for granted what you have. Atleast, that's one positive way of looking at it! Good Luck, we will pray for you!

Sarah Pace said...

what a good attitude to have. Emily knows how you feel! You are such a good little mama to coop and I know that you know the Lord will bless you and has your best interest. Good luck with everything though!

Lacey said...

I'm sad to hear about all of your miscarriages..I only knew of one after Cooper!

I know Heavenly Father knows and loves you and Josh and is aware of your needs!

I can't say I know what you are going through but you have our love and support!

Misti and Stratton said...

Hey sista i love and i know everythng will work out and one day you will have a bus load of kids ;) but i love you sista have a great day

Kacie said...

Marti~ Your so awesome. I know it will happen whether you get pregnant, or you adopt. It just must not be time yet. My sister-in-law couldn't get pregnant for 3 1/2 years and then all of a sudden it happened. It will. Such cute pictures of Cooper. We love you Marti and if you need anything let me know!

Caldwells said...

Hey Marti. Hang in there. I know this can be very difficult at times. Like you said, the Lord has a plan that sometimes we can't understand but there is a reason for everything. You and Josh are great parents to little Coop dog. He is a lucky little boy! Yeah, we are coming this weekend! See you soon. We love you guys!

Timari said...

Marti
Hang in there. Life throws things at us that we may never understand. Hold your head up and remember these days with Cooper. It goes by way to fast. Whatever happens its all part of the "plan".