Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fun times

We had tons of family fun this weekend! Josh's parents gave us tickets to the ASU/Georgia game so we went down to mesa.

FUNNY STORY Friday night we had dinner with Josh's brother Jason and his wife Kristy. After dinner we were outside talking and notice a big van with Georgia flags on it. So we decided we should soap it, but all we had was deodorant. So guess what we did?






Jason did the deodoranting with Kristy's help on what to write. Josh and Cooper were on the look out so we wouldn't get caught and i had the camera. Good thing Josh was looking out because the Georgia fans started coming out of the restaurant. we took off running, jumped in our cars and drove off. We drove around the parking lot and turned onto the road and watched as the Georgia fans tried to wash Go devils off their van. We had some good laughs! That night Josh and I were talking and thought what good parents we are for teaching our 3 year old how to soap a van or in this case deodorant a van.

We stayed with Randa and Mike, Josh's cousins and Cooper loved playing with their little girl Ellie. Thanks Randa and Mike for all the fun and a letting us stay with you guys.

Tail gate party! Josh family are huge ASU fans and most of his uncles and cousins have season passes. They all get together before the game for a tail gate party.








ASU game was a blast even though they got beat. It was fun being around family and friends. Thanks again grandma and grandpa dewitt for the tickets!

Cooper was so sad to say goodbye to mesa. We haven't gone anywhere for such a long time that we really needed this trip. On the way home we found some bubble gum chew, i haven't seen this stuff forever. We had to get some and Cooper enjoyed it just how Josh and I did when we were Coops age. Fun times!

9 comments:

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

Jeff just went and saw a game too and it was a lot of fun. He is a HUGE ASU fan and can't wait to go back, this time I get to go, last time was a guys trip. So what are you going to school for? I still am not sure what I want to be when I grow up but I am working on it.

mad white woman said...

That's great you decorated a car. I'd be too scared.


I used to go to the ASU football games all the time. But during the four years I was there and in the four years since, I've probably only been to one or two. How pathetic!

Jennifer said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys were finally able to get out of town. That's one reason I miss living up there. I can't take trips to the valley anymore...I there.
That's awesome that you got to go to the football game.

Krista said...

hahaha, thats so funny Marti! You guys are just kids at heart! I think its the perfect thing to teach Coop. His Mom and Dad still know how to have "good clean fun!" Sad ASU lost... but glad you had a good time :)

Misti and Stratton said...

I love the picture of cooper watching jason. He is going to know how to have fun in snowflake. haha

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

HA HA HA HA
WOW Thats is so funny !
GO ASU !!!
Hanna Caldwell
P.s I love byu too

Jason and Kristy said...

We had so much fun with you guys! You guys need to come down more often! my e mail is kjax120@netzero.com that would be great if you could send those pics to me. Thanks Marti!

Sarah Pace said...

How fun!!! Thats funny about the soaping! Such a snowflake thing to do huh!! I havn't soaped in years! Maybee we will do it for family home evening next week!!!! =)

Ceri said...

You guys are AWESOME! I wouldn't have been brave enough to ever do that! It's a totally funny idea!