Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We were so young and in love


Josh and I went on are first date when i turned twenty. It still feels like yesterday when I think of our first date. I can remember how nervous Josh was. Josh had only been home for a couple of weeks from his mission and i was his first date. He was asking the missionary questions and i was just as stupid as always. We went to the movie Rush hour 2 with his cousins and then just him and i went to Denny's for a shake. I kind of put him on the spot when i told him it was my birthday. Josh was so nervous that you could see it in his eyes and facial expression that he didn't know what to say or do but he played it cool and said happy birthday. Its crazy that I've celebrated 7 of my birthdays with Josh and each birthday he always finds a way to surprise me. This is my favorite time of year because its the time of year that josh and i found each other and fell in love. Josh thanks for the sweet comment below. I love you too.

10 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy Belated Bithday! I love the picture of you and Josh ! SO CUTE! It's so fun to look back on those dating picture!! Love it!

Hope you did something extra special on your bithday!

jes said...

oh cute!!

J said...

Oh how cuet! What a GREAT picture! I think that is El Cupido's in the background, nice! Happy Belated Marti! I am so glad we are cousins!

Bekah: said...

marti, you look so stinking cute in that picture! woo woo. you are so pretty!

what a sweet, sweet post. i totally forgot that your first date was on your birthday. i remember you calling me about it the next day though!

i hope you had a great day!

mad white woman said...

Happy Birthday Marti! I went to the dentist today & it was my hygenist's birthday too. How cute. :)

jackie said...

cute story! you guys make a good couple :) hope you had a good birthday.

Curtis Family said...

Happy (belated) birthday Marti! Hope it was fun!!!

Cara said...

AWW! How cute! Happy Late Birthday.

How nice of your hubby to wish you a happy birthday on your blog. I told my hubby that lots of other husbands do that and he just said that he wouldn't be one of them.
:( oh well I can wish. :)

Jennifer said...

Way cute picture!! I'm glad you guys are still so in love! :o)

Krista said...

Happy Late Birthday Marti! You are soooo sweet! We really do need to have a b-day party! I love that pic of you and Josh, your such a hottie! :)