This week has been filled with tons of family and good food. Monday night we went with my parents, Gunner, Misit, Stratton, Aunt Sherri, Uncle Billy, Byrant, Bo, Becky, Natalie, Janessa, Macie, Payton, Aunt Karen, Uncle Art, and Trent out to Sherri and Billy Elkins ranch for a dutch oven cookout. We used to do this all the time when i was little and we haven't done it forever and nothing better than dutch oven peach cobbler! Cooper and Payten had so much fun playing with each other.
Tuesday night Josh's cousin Randa and her husband Mike and there two adorable little kids Ellie and Teagan were in snowflake. We had a cook out with them and Grandma and Grandpa Despain, Grandma Brewer, Great Aunt Lorna, and Lawryn. Cooper and Ellie loved looking for snails we found over twenty of them. Josh and Mike thought it would be funny to put salt on the snails it was so sad i guess it takes the moisture out of them and kills them. We had a great time!
Great food and great company what else could you ask for? We cherish the time we get to spend with our families!
Friday, July 25, 2008
Enjoying family cookouts
Posted by DeWitts at 2:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love cookouts in the desert! They are so much fun! We like to ride the 4wheelers out and do tin foil dinners and dutch oven cobbler. It is the greatest!
How fun, your family is so cool Marti! I finally saw your parents house the other day, I went and saw Jacki and Eldons.. and Tom & Angie's and WOW.. HOW FUN! You guys are going to have some killer get togethers!! So much fun to be with all your cousins! LuCkY! :)
I am sad that we missed you! Apparently, (however you spell that) I haven't looked at your blog in so long. When did you cut Cooper's hair. He looks so much older!! It is so cute though!! How is everything!!
Its good to see and read about family traditions still being carried out. I remember coming to G&G Porters house in the summer and Grandpa would be making dutch oven dinner. It is so yummy. Miss those times so much. It's great memories for Cooper. He'll always remeber these days with the whole family.
Post a Comment