Tuesday, September 25, 2012

me

I have lost 75 pounds!
 
Last week my knee started to hurt and then by Wednesday it was killing me.  I was so worried because my junior year in high school I blew my knee out playing varsity basketball.  I should say I destroyed my knee.  Tore my ACL which is only 60% put back together, my MCL, broke my patella and some other things.  My doctor called it a full house.  He said by the time I turned 30 I would have to have a knee replacement.  So with that being said, having my knee hurt has been so scary.  Come to find out I have runner's knee.  I think I was working to hard.  I have gone running everyday this year except for Sundays.  Lately running has be fun.  Crazy, I never thought I would say that, but I love the way I feel after it.  So I feel like my life is spinning out of control when I know I should take it easy and not run and rest my knee.  It has been hard.  I have worked so hard to get this weight off and I only have 25 more pounds to go.  So with help from my brother Porter who is in PT school.  I have iced my knee like crazy.  I have taken it easy for four days and so today I rapped my knee up, put new arch supports in my shoes, and ran 2 miles on the tread mill.  It felt great both my knee and running.  Right now I'm icing it hoping and praying that my knee will be fine.
Wish me luck! 
 
 


5 comments:

Jaime S. said...

good luck Marti! I'm so proud of you for losing 75!

mad white woman said...

That is pretty amazing that you've lost 75 pounds! I didn't know that happened to you in high school?!?! I'll say a prayer for your knee.

kate said...

Marti that is AMAZING!!!! Good for you! I hope you knee feels better after your run! I had runners knee and few summers ago and Lynn helped me take care of it and I haven't had any issues since...

Woodside's said...

I totally remember you hurting your knee in High School. You were in my seminary class. Stick with it. You are doing AWESOME!!!! Good Luck!

Brianna said...

Way to go! You're awesome! I hope I run into you sometime when we're visiting so I can check you out in person. ;)