Did you know that Josh and I were the first couple married in the Snowflake Temple?
I remember sitting on the couch watching General Conference with my family when they announced the building of the Snowflake Temple. I remember going to school the next day talking with friends about the Temple and someone said, "wouldn't it be cool to be the first one married there." When Josh asked me to marry him we didn't even think we would be the first. We just wanted to get married. So when we heard that the Temple was opening the beginning of March we knew we would get married there. Our parents called around to see who to talk to about our marriage plans but it was kind of hard because we didn't know who was in charge yet. So making our invitations was kind of impossible. So we just put March 5Th hoping that the the Temple would be open then. Then about a week before the opening we got a letter in the mail saying to be at the temple at 8 am on March 5Th for our sealing.
Our wedding day was crazy. It was the first for everyone. The temple workers were all over the place everything was not only new to me but to them as well. They had Josh and I show up 2 hours early just so they could make sure everything was going to be just right and it was. Then at 10:30 am Josh and I were sealed for all time and eternity. Really that's all we wanted but its pretty neat to think that at 10:30 am on March 5Th we were the the first ones married in the Snowflake Temple.
Today one of the temple workers came by for a picture of Josh and I on our wedding day in front of the Temple. she was having a dinner with all the the temple workers from that day and wanted to have a picture of us there. It made me feel pretty famous. Not really but it made my day pretty special!

3 comments:
That's so cool. I can't image how crazy all the workers must have been on the first day. That's so cute that someone came over to get a picture of you guys to have to show everyone, sounds like you famous to me!
That's awesome Marti... you should feel famous!
That is pretty amazing. You guys will go down in History as the first married there :)
Can I just say that they "My boys" pick on the left sidebar of the blog is soooo dang cute!!!!
Post a Comment