Friday, February 26, 2010

small town politics

I've never talked politics on my blog and don't really want to but,
what the crazy is going on in Taylor?
I haven't heard anything about this.
Yesterday I needed to get out of the house and so I took the boys for a happy hour sonic run. I really needed a diet dr. pepper with vanilla. After sonic Cooper didn't want to go home and so we took a drive around Taylor and they had signs everywhere. It was nuts. But I really have no clue whats going on so whats your honest opinion about combining or not combining our towns?
happy weekend!

4 comments:

Becca said...

I thik its a GREAT thing!! The town will still be known as thier seprate names by all who live here but it would combine town councils and save both towns money and maybe mean a pay raise for the police department which is much needed or the chance to have more money to hire more officers which is needed even worse. We got a letter in the mail that described it perfectly. Maybe youll get one too. Ask Josh about it. I think that the consolidation is a perfect idea and just what our towns need!! Im all for it!!

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

I am all for it... I agree with Becca, we can have better Police and Fire Depts. ... Taylor people are making themselves look crazy right now... I am glad I am able to vote for this, my parents are not in city limits so do not get to share their opinion. There will ALWAYS be a Taylor, and Snowflake.

Kacie said...

It seems really different to me. I dont know if it is a good or bad thing but I heard if we do join we would save a on of money. But I think Becca and Kiara have researched it more than me. Did you see that weird plastic looking clock tower on there new building that looks identical to ours? It came out of nowhere! Hope yo have an awesome weekend!

Lindsay said...

I was home this weekend and I too saw all the signs around Taylor. I was saddened by the animosity that this issue is causing. I no longer live in Taylor but I do not see this combination of the towns as a bad thing. No matter who you talk to you they only know that area as Snowflake/Taylor and just because you're combining the funds of each town to make it a better place doesn't take away each town's heritage.

If I still lived there - I would vote Yes!!!

PS - I don't like the new clock tower in Taylor. I think it looks tacky and that building is way to close to the road.