Saturday, January 16, 2010

My life with boys

Me and the boys have been cooped up in the house for a week. Josh has been working so hard lately we hardly see him. So today I thought i would take the boys to walmart. Is it sad that the highlight of the week was going to walmart? My least favorite place to go and i was so excited. Coop was excited too and he usually complains when we have to go. I think he was glad I wasn't making him exercise with me. We put on are heavy coats, scarfs and gloves and headed down the road. Coop was singing his little heart out to kid pop. Brewer was sound asleep as soon as we left the drive way.

We made it and are first destination was for the toys. Coop loves looking at the toys and he just looks. I love watching his 5 year old eyes light up when he finds something he thinks would be awesome to play with. I let him pick out a fishing game that was five dollars. He tucked it under his arms he wasn't going to let it go. He had a grin on his face that spoke words of i have a pretty cool mom and this is going to the coolest game ever. Now it was okay for me to go searching for the things i had written on my list of things we needed. Brewer was content in his car seat and would smile at me when ever i looked down at him. A old man stopped me and asked how old Brewer was and then asked me if he was a boy or girl. I don't understand that question he's all dressed in blue wearing a baseball hat and they still think he might be a girl but he's so darn cute that i can understand why they might think he's a girl. So i forgave him and said politely he's a boy. Brewer ended up getting some chew toys. I think he might be in the beginning of teething. Well it seems like he is. When do baby's start teething i can't remember and Cooper never had a problem. Brewers been drilling and restless at night but still such a happy boy. I ended up getting everything i needed and some stuff i probably shouldn't of bought but that always happen.

We got in the car and headed home Cooper still had is fish game on his lap and almost every minute would ask if we were almost home. I bet you can't guess what game we played all night? It was a lovely day with my boys. Sometimes just a trip to walmart makes the day a whole lot better. Now the boys are sound asleep in their beds with a goodnight kiss on their cheeks and now i get to spend the rest of the night playing the fishing game with my honey. You want to know my little secret i always let him win. I'm that kind of wife:)

4 comments:

The Giffords said...

hey, when you live a half hour or more from Wal-Mart, it is a big trip. Our day is exciting if we get to go to the store. We love the fishing game too. I wish we lived closer so Coop and Zane could fish together...it gets a little old by the 500th game.

Misti and Stratton said...

Man you are a nice wife I never let Stratton win if i can help it haha I just hate loosing that bad. I can't wait to see you next week.

Sarah Pace said...

glad you had such a good day. Sometimes I wish wal-mart was kinda far so it would be more enjoyable. Now it's just a chore!

jes said...

haha trips to wal-mart have been the highlight of a few of our days too!;)