Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fresh Start

One thing that I decide while being pregnant is I want to feel healthy again and feeling healthy to me is not having to be a size 4 but just feeling good about my body. Which I haven't felt good about in a really long time. Weight has always been a struggle for me. I go up and down a lot on the scale. I have to really watch what I eat. So I'm back on the diet and I'm going to do it this time. My heart is in it. I need to do it mostly for me but for my children as well. I know its going to hard but i know i can do it. So wish me luck and if you have any diet tricks you would love to share with me please feel free to share!

Today I have already had my morning walk with my momma and i already feel great! Its a fresh start!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good luck Marti! Maybe I'll do it with you. I feel the same way. I haven't felt good about myself since I had Makenna =( I'm 80 lbs heavier than I was when I met my hubby, BLEH!!
Staying off sugar helps me the most. COMPLETELY off sugar. It's hard but it works =)

Bekah: said...

Oh Marti. I love you. You can do it!!! I think you are beautiful! Every time I come to Snowflake I promise to go on a walk with you!

Lindsay said...

Good luck Marti - it's a struggle for a lot of us. I know you can do it!

Curtis Family said...

You can do it marti! Especially if you are really motivated! What helps me is not buying ANYTHING snacky so that I am not even tempted! Sam hates it, but it works! Good luck!

Jaime S. said...

the number one diet secret is stick to it. you can do it. also buy some flax seed and start adding it to your recipes. you can't taste it and it helps the bowels keep moving. moving bowels help keep weight down.

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

way to go and good luck, if you want to go running with my pe class its first hour at 8:00 every wednesday and i am sure your aunt will let you.

Caldwells said...

I love the Halloween Decor! So cute. Good luck with your diet. I know you can do it! Eating healthy is a constant battle. I teach nutrition everyday and still I don't have many tips. It is such a hard thing. I am still trying to shed the baby weight too. I think support from others is huge and not dwelling on it too much but trying to be more active rather than focusing on limiting food so much... I don't know... Good luck though. We can't wait to see you guys this weekend. It will be such a special day for Brewer!

The Crisps said...

Good luck! I think how to lose weight and get in shape is SO individual for each person. What works for one person might be a bad thing for another. For me, though, what helps the most is NOT to completely restrict the "bad" things. It is important that I have a LITTLE bit of the things I love, or else I will eventually break down and indulge. So instead of turning down dessert, just have a very small helping, and make up for it with lots of fruits and veggies the rest of the day.

mad white woman said...

Walking makes me feel so much better. I have also noticed with me, whether I'm eating bad or good, it's addicting. The more junk I eat, the more I want. The more healthy I eat, the more healthy I want to eat. So hopefully it will get easier and easier. Good luck!