Friday, March 27, 2009

Cruising Main with my honey.

Today Marti, Cooper and I had one of those experiences that will go down in our families history. We just had a long day of taking care of car issues and we decided that we would wash our car. We took it to the car wash and after it looked shiny and new, we didn't have the heart to take it on a dirt road. We wanted to go to Martis parents house to get some things but we knew that if we took the car, it would be dirty again and that would negate all the effort. Our Isuzu was having trouble and so we had one more option. This option was mine, and you will understand why by the following story. I own a 1976 mail jeep, right hand drive and born to turn heads ( ha ha ). Marti looked at me like I had just shocked her with a hot shot, she hesitated and then reconsidered. Her precious car was so clean and yet it was hard to imagine riding in the back of a dirty funny looking beast of burden like that. Yet.........I headed out on the highway xm radio blasting on an all treble speaker, engine humming, side door open and special cargo in the back. You should have seen it, it brought a tear to my eye. My son grinning from ear to ear enjoying the adventure and Marti holding on for dear life. We hit the bridge and I gave the jeep all she had ( to impress my woman of course) and up the hill she went at a solid 60 (top speed ). Needless to say I'm impressed with my wife she is the best mother, a stellar eternal companion and........ My best delivery yet.

I love you Marti,

Josh

4 comments:

DeWitts said...

Oh josh you make me feel like a school girl again, getting a letter from a hot boy at school! I love cruising main with my honey! Thanks for taking me on the ride of my life!
your one and only girl,
Marti

mad white woman said...

Oh, what a sweet little love note. :)

I would have loved seeing the old mail jeep driving down main. Then I could have added to my recent post: I hope someday I get to cruise Main in an old mail jeep. :)

Bekah: said...

Josh

You are a stellar storyteller and a great hubby.

The Crisps said...

you are making me jealous. :)