Wednesday, February 11, 2009

(baby update)

Things have been pretty tough this week. Sunday i started to have some spotting and then I got a call on Monday that my progesterone levels were low and this really has been a big problem for me in all my pregnancy. So today my doctor had me come in for some more blood work and another ultrasound. I have experiences to many ultrasounds that have turned out bad so i was physically sick about this. Just all the signs weren't going so well for us. But it was GREAT news. The baby was still there with a heart beat. Its just best feeling to hear a babies heart beat. They think they figured out the bleeding and so i'm supposed to take it really easy for awhile. Josh pretty much has me on bed rest, he's been so amazing through this pregnancy and can't wait for this little baby to be in his arms. For the news about my levels we won't know until Monday so i'm just going to keep on taking all the crazy drugs they gave me to help keep the levels up. Thank you, thank you for all the sweet comments below. We are really spoiled with great friends and a wonderful family. Thank you for the prayers and please keep them coming.

Oh and the best part. We told Cooper and he loves telling everyone he's a big brother! He loves the baby and kisses my belly all day. Today he lifted my shirt up and said, "oh mom, your belly is so big. I think we need to go to the doctor and get this baby out." He really can't wait! Oh and he thinks its a boy:)
I was looking at pictures of Cooper today and wanted to share this pic it was when he was
almost 2 yrs old! Hasn't his hair changed so much?
I loved his curly blond hair!

12 comments:

Bekah: said...

oh marti. i am so happy you heard the heartbeat!

hang in there sweetheart. take it really easy and try to relax. i love you!

Becca said...

So glad that you got most everything figured out. The progesterone was my problem every time i missed carried. they finally put me on progesterone supositories and thats what finally worked and what got little amson here. I hope they can keep your levels up. how far along are you? Good luck!! and we will keep the prayers coming.

Jennifer said...

Oh, I'm so glad the baby is still alive. The heartbeat IS a wonderful thing hear. I hope things keep going well for you. Take it easy.

Sarah Pace said...

yeah! you just need to keep getting past every appointment because it just mean you keep getting closer!! glad everything is ok right now!!

DeWitts said...

Great news about my progesterone levels. They are up! The doc wanted them at 25 and today my test came back at 24.9 so its pretty close compared to 9.5. Things are starting to look better and i just hope and pray that it stays that way. Thank you again for all your support and prays!

kasey kaufusi said...

i am so exctied for you and that is great news, you are such a fun amazing mom and im so glad you are getting another cute little kid!! i bet misti is super excited! she loves coop.

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

oh i am sooo excited for you! You and Josh Deserve this baby! thank you for keeping us updated! miss seeing you at church!

You are in our prayers!

love hanna

Curtis Family said...

I am so releived for you. That would be so scarry considering everything you have already been through. How far along are you?

mad white woman said...

Glad to hear the good news.

And Cooper's hair in that picture is nothing less than awesome. I love it!

J said...

Marti, congratulations!! I am so excited for you!!! Keep yourself on bed rest and take it easy!!

Barbara Yarn said...

Josh and Marti, I hadn't heard that you were pregnant. I'm soooo happy for you guys!! Our prayers are with you that all will go well!
CONGRATULATIONS

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

I am glad to hear things are going well. So take it easy and take care. I think of you often and I really do pray things turn out great for you guys! Lots of Love!!