Sunday, January 4, 2009

our saturday

Saturday we went to Tucson for Josh to look at a old mail jeep. So i took advantage of the situation to visit with my brother Monty, sister in law Kendra and let Coop play with his cousins. We went to the Tucson Zoo, which is the best zoo I've ever been to. Really you don't have to walk miles to the next animal and the animals are so close you can almost touch them. it was really neat. Coop loved being with his cousins we just wished we had more time to hangout.

the giraffes were awesome they would come right up to you and you could really touch them.



Josh is so excited for his new ride. Now he's officially a mail man. Coop thinks we bought it for him and doesn't understand why we don't let him drive it on the high way. We had a fun trip and want to say thanks to grandpa dewitt for coming with us and looking at the jeep with josh, we really appreciate it. We just hope this antique mail jeep has a few more years left. It was a fun and fast trip and the best part was getting lost and driving to Thatcher and seeing my old college grounds we had a good laugh and then coop had a good cry coming home its a hard thing for a four year old to say goodbye to cousins. We for sure had a great Saturday.

12 comments:

Curtis Family said...

so I take it you probably aren't moving to Thatcher? :o( It would have been fun! I'm glad you guys had fun at the Tucson zoo. I've heard from a lot of people that it is a really good one. Cute pictures!

DeWitts said...

Emily
We still haven't heard anything. a lot of people say they didn't find out until two days before school started. We really don't know what to do. I will let you know what happens, hope something happens soon so we can decided.

Layla said...

....what's going on.... :) where do you think you're going???? ps I LOVE the Tucson zoo I'm so so jealous!

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

Zoo's are the best. That sounds like so much fun. I love the picture of Cooper drinking the cider. I am sad that we didn't get to see my parents but that is neat that you saw them. OH that story below of the boys playing kicking weenies scared me to death. I don't know how to deal with that kind of stuff. BOYS!!!!

Timari said...

Thanks so much for hooking me up. I don't have the blogger knowledge that I would like to have. If it doesn't jump out at my, I have no idea how to do any of it. Thanks so much. We need to have a Family Reunion. There are so many cousins I haven't met.

mad white woman said...

I've never been to the Tucson Zoo... not that I've ever spent much time in Tucson though.

I think it'd be awesome to have a mail truck like that for a car.

Sarah Pace said...

How fun! My kids love zoos! We havn't been to the tucson one yet. Were gonna have to go.
So you got lost and ended up in thatcher??
You should have stoped and said hi!
By the way, are you still moving here???

Emily Thomas said...

Marti!
Hey how are you? I just barely found your blog and I am so excited! Cooper is so cute and has changed so much since the last time I saw you guys. Sounds like things are busy and happy! email me when you get a chance! I know what you mean about the Tucson Zoo. I took Ellie there when she was two she loved it!
Emily Thomas

Misti and Stratton said...

Hey Sista Man the zoo looked like fun! I am glad you got to go see all my brothers and sisters haha i hope you are having a great day love you

jes said...

i really, really want to take breck to the zoo! i'll have to remember that one! looks like so much fun!
yea i was looking forward to seeing you guys, & you weren't there! so sad, i haven't seen you in so long.. i told your mom to let us know when her floor is in so we can come see her house, and i'd love to see yours too!
i'm glad you've had a wonderful holiday season!

Jason and Kristy said...

I'm so glad Josh was finally able to get his jeep. Looks like you guys had a fun trip!

DeWitts said...

Emily Thomas!

Hey girl! How are you? Hey i don't have your email. So if you get this email me at dewy119cableone.net It was awesome to get to hear from you. I talked to debbie over christmas and she said she gets to see you all the time and says for me to come visit. I might just have to do it one of these days. Email me!
Marti