My baby brother Gunner just had heart surgery yesterday. Gunner had a whole in his heart the size of a quarter so he wasn't getting enough oxygen and most people die from this between the ages 9 to 50. The doctors said there is 1 out 100 people that have this problem and they never get it checked out and usually die of a heart attack. At the end of the school year i think around April a boy one year older than Gunner died on the bus on his way to school, this scared my mom because of the rumour's of the boys death was he had heart problems. Gunner was told when he was little he had a heart murmur but the doctor didn't seem to bothered by it. My mom just felt like she needed to get Gunners heart looked out by a specialist and good thing they did. They had a hard time finding the whole because Gunner is so active and healthy but thank goodness for ultra sounds because they found it. Gunner had such a good attitude it didn't even faze him that he had a quarter size whole in his heart. Yesterday was the big day and everything went good Gunner is doing great and is in recovery. I love my little brother and so happy that i know that he's healthy. Gunner is Coopers favorite person in the whole wide world. Cooper always prays at night that he can go play with Gunner tomorrow. Gunner is a great uncle. He has the biggest heart and loves life. Our family appreciates the prayers that were given for Gunner.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Gunners surgery
Posted by DeWitts at 7:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I had no idea. I'm sorry. I'm glad the surgery went went. We will definitely pray for him.
i am so glad that things went well. my mom was telling me about that when she was here and i was so surprised. with how active Gunner is you would never guess anything was wrong. I hope he continues to get better and better. he is such a sweet kid.
I'm glad everything went well. I think sometimes we take life for granted and then you realize how fragile it is and how living through these types of situations are nothing short of miracles. How old is he? He looks just like Porter!
Gunner is 11 he will be 12 august 1st! He does have a look of Porter but he looks and act just like my dad.
Wow, i am so sorry to hear that. I am glad that the surgery went well. Gunner will be in our prayers.
I'm so glad to hear that everything went okay! So glad to hear that your mom followed through and getting him checked out with a specialist!
Hope all is well!
goodness, thats scary! Im so glad everything is okay and it went well. He is the CUTEST little boy. what are the signs for that?
marti i just heard the latest news about Gunner. I wanted to call you, are you in Mesa or in Snowflake? Are you doing ok? I want you to know that Gunner and your family are in our prayers! Good luck, I love you.
it was hard reading this i am so worried for the dude. domini has been sooo nice to keep updating me through texts so i am so happy to hear the surgery went well and i hope you guys are all doing ok. we're praying for him!
How scary for you and your family. I'm so glad your brother's doing well and that the ordeal is behind you all now. What a brave brother you have! As a three-year-old, my husband David was diagnosed with the same thing, but the doctors were unable to find the hole again when he went in for surgery. This post makes me want to have him checked out again though... I'm so glad your brother is OK.
I am so glad everything went well..I had no idea! Poor guy, what a trooper. I will keep him in my prayers!
i'm glad gunner's surgery went well! that's so cute cooper loves him so! that's how breck is w/ my little bros!
Post a Comment