Friday, May 30, 2008

Broken claws

I hope this picture doesn't make you sick. Cooper had a bad accident this week at my parents house. Cooper has gotten into this thing about hiding things form josh and I. The other day Josh was in a big hurry to go to a elder quorum meeting so as a good wife i laid out all of his church cloths. As josh was getting ready he couldn't find his tie, i was certain that i had it laid out so we went looking everywhere. Finally i just thought i should ask Cooper so i did. Cooper said with a chuckle, "no i don't know where the tie is." Then as josh went to find another tie to wear Cooper went to his new hiding spot and pulled out the tie. He then said, "I was just kidding." The next day Cooper hid Josh's belt. Cooper thinks he's so clever! This week I've been spending a lot of time at my parents house since Misti is leaving us at the end of this week. I'm going to miss her tons. To make a long story short we were getting ready to leave and i couldn't find my keys. We looked around for a while and then i thought maybe cooper hid them. We asked Cooper he replied, "no but maybe there in the bathroom." But nope they weren't there. So i went outside to look in my car and i guess my little guy followed me he open my parents beautiful wooden brass front door and then said something to me and closed the door and his 3 middle finger got stuck in the door. Cooper let out a scream and lucky my dad WAS right there. We rushed him into the bathroom to see what had happen to his poor tiny fingers. It looked pretty bad so we decided to take him to the doctors just to see if there was any broken fingers or if he needed stitches. The doctor said he was 95% sure one was broken but the X-rays showed no broken bones. Then he was going to stitch up two of the the fingers but cooper just wouldn't hold still. So josh and i have been taking turns cleaning the wounds.

Cooper funny comment, "mom I think my dinosaur claws are broken."

Mom, "yep i think maybe you can't be a dinosaur for a while."

Cooper said, " no, good thing i have my right claw. I hope nothing will eat me."

Where did this kid come from? He makes me smile every day! We also found my keys in the pantry on the floor next to a little plastic bag filled with sand. I wonder who would did that?


6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh no! Poor little guy. I'm sorry! I hate when little kids get hurt like that :o(.
He is so funny! I think it's cute that he thinks he is a dinosaur

mad white woman said...

That is so sad, but seriously, that kid is hysterical! He is one creative kid.

The Giffords said...

Poor Cooper and poor Marti for having to take care of the fingers. Good thing Josh wants to be a nurse. I hope Cooper's claw heals quickly.

Lacey said...

Holy Cow!! I would have died! Poor guy! Atleast he is in good spirits with the whole "claw" thing! Hope it heals soon!

Caldwells said...

Poor coop dog! Tell him we hope his claws heal quickly so he can get back to his dinosauring! He is a crazy funny kid.

Sarah Pace said...

He is sooo funny! i love to read your post to hear what new things he says! it cracks me up! but poor little fingers=(