"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing my neighbor's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with the children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for posting such a great quote! I learned from my mom that making memories is what matters. I'm am trying to do that with my grandkids. They are such a joy to be with. As I read Randall's emails and letters from the MTC, it gives me joy to learn that I did do a few things right and life at home wasn't all horrible haha. Ther is a reason that God's plan is centered around the family. I a grateful to have such a wonderful family and extended family. I'm glad we are friends as well as family. Thanks Marti. I love being able to share in your life!
One of my friends has this on her blog permanently and I love reading it as a reminder for me to RELAX and enjoy life.
I love love love that quote
Post a Comment