Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cajun Thursday

I came home to my delicious hubby cooking up dinner for me.

He went Cajun crazy!
I loved it!
It was my first experience with craw fish, it was okay and i would try it again.
The shrimp was Yummy!
Just what a pregnant lady needed!
We decided that every Thursday night should be Cajun food.
Does anyone have any good Cajun recipes you would love to share?

8 comments:

Bekah: said...

I have a few but my Momma has lots. She has some fabulous cajun cookbooks from our Lousiana days. My dad took Gourmet Cajun cooking classes and he would make amazing food for us all the time. Cajun food is a tradition that runs deep in our family. Seriously go talk to my Momma!

Jennifer said...

Your lucky! I wish my husband like sea food.......I wish he cooked :o)

Summer said...

Josh sounds like a good guy. I'm glad he takes such good care of you :). I'm so sorry your pregnancy has taken on another complication, but I know that you'll handle it with courage & optimism--that seems to be your way. Congrats on finding out you're having a boy! Having two boys is SO fun! Any names yet? Feel well.

Woodside's said...

Isn't it wonderful to come home to your husband doing something nice for you or when your husband offers to vacuum the whole house? You just have to love um when they break out their sweetness!

The Crisps said...

GROOOOOOOOSS! :) I hate sea food.

Kodi & Lindsey said...

hey marti
i'd love it if you put me on your blog list :) i'll add you to mine.

for my c-sec wasn't scary at all. i was terrified at first because it was not what i had planned on but it turned out to be just fine. if you do end up having one just stay in the hospital as long as your insurance will let you. its so much easier to recover when you have a bed that moves up/down for you - it helps so much for the first few days. i stayed for 4 days total. by the 1 wk mark i was pretty much able to do everything on my own - a little slow moving around but still could get done what i needed too. if you do end up having one just take it as slow as you can. if you have a recliner at home you'll want to use it. i prety much lived in ours for the first few days we were home. sitting on the couch was a little hard to get up and down plus it would make me a little stiff so when i would stand it was hard to stand up straight. long story short -- you hear terrible things about a c-sec recovery but honestly it in the scheme of things its not that bad. i'll keep you in my prayers so hopefully everything will be good to go by the time your baby gets here!! let me know if you have any other questions :)

Lacey said...

Where the heck did you find crawfish in Snowflake? That's funny. I could hook you up with some fun cajun recipes.

mad white woman said...

We don't do a lot of Cajun cooking around here... so if you find some good recipes, please share. I love new recipes.